Thursday, 6 February 2014

Welcome


So here goes with my first blog.
I thought I would start by saying that I usually take a break from textiles in January to just start to muse over new ideas but this time I have also managed to get my blog set up! And one thing I was very clear about was what image I wanted at the top of my blog which is a photograph I took of some flowers I made. These flowers are in a pot that is made from collaged fabrics, some I have dyed some are commercial fabrics, paper and embroidery. This happy little pot and flowers which stands in my kitchen never fails to cheer me up on those dreary, wet and windy days. And for me I suppose that is what textiles are about - to bring or give someone an emotional lift.


Below is a picture of a framed fabric collage from a collection I created last year which also hangs in my kitchen and which reminds me of the view across the fields to our local church as you walk or drive into the village, a landscape I hope that does not change.


On the subject of inspiration, I note that this month a new exhibition starts at the Kettles Yard Gallery in Cambridge - Art and Life 1920 to 1931 about the work of painters Ben Nicholson, Winifred Nicholson, Christopher Wood, Alfred Wallis and potter William Staite Murray. I am really looking forward to going and seeing this exhibition to trigger some new ideas.

10 comments:

  1. Great work - looks really good. Looks like you are on your way!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don - getting to grips slowly with the blog, sure it will be second nature soon!! Libby

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blog land Libby, great to see you on here, and what wonderful pictures. Now I have seen your beautiful vase, I think I now know what I would like to do with the piece I started with you nearly two years ago at Belstead.
    I have added you to my blog list and I look forward to reading more. Love Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments - glad I have inspired you. Love Libby

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting your blog up and running now. It will be great to be able to show everyone the lovely work you produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Walden Whiskers - thank you for your lovely comment. I'm slowly finding my way round the system - watch this space. Love Libby

      Delete
  4. Hey Libby... great to see you blogging. And great to see your inspirational work too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina, thanks for your lovely comments - thrilled you found my blog. Love Libby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Libby, lovely work. Hope it's going to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I'm getting there slowly - I'd better start thinking about my next post! Libby

      Delete