Wednesday, 4 June 2014

The Arrival of the Soldiers

I was very excited to receive my 4 hollow cast lead WW1 toy soldiers through the post yesterday.  I came across the first hollow cast toy soldier when I went to the Norwich Antique and Collectibles Fair on the cold Easter weekend in April and thought it would be perfect for the Memory Boxes.  With the letter, the item of sewing accoutrement and the toy soldier I felt it was just right so went onto eBay to see if I could find any more soldiers and to my delight I successfully bid for 4 more.  I liked that the soldiers were tarnished/had bits of paint missing.  Below I have laid out and photographed the three additional Memory Boxes.  The boxes I have made are covered with fabric I have printed using an old document. 




No comments:

Post a Comment