Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Dover

Early in March I was back in Dover at the Marina Hotel (pretty sure that was the name of the hotel) running a workshop on mirror frames based on the photos I took last year under the blog post "The Sheep are Back".  It was so nice to be asked back and lovely to see all the people I had met last year plus two new faces, Jan and Jane, and on top of that it was a great weekend.  Nearly everyone had brought in the piece they had made with me last year (a Rolling Landscape) but there is always something I forget and this time the battery on my camera was flat and I had forgotten my charger.  Drat.  

Anyway, everyone was up for the challenge of creating and constructing a mirror frame and set to with enthusiasm and by the Sunday afternoon we had at least 5 or 6 mirror frames nearly finished, ready to go on the wall.  That is amazing when you think you have to prepare, collage and hand stitch the fabric for the frame, cut out the three layers of greyboard (the back, the middle to hold the glass and front).  All elements then have to come together including the glass, of course, to construct a finished piece.  Below are the two examples I took along.  Thank you to all for making it such a successful weekend.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment