Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Much Hadham Walk

After a busy weekend with the Dover girls I again went walking with Lynne and Gill in the lovely countryside around Much Hadham.  We started and finished at Hopley Nursery, Garden and Cafe, a very good place to visit even if you are not going for a walk - www.hopleys.co.uk.   We met for coffee but saved ourselves for the delicious delights of the cafe until after the walk.  There are lots of lovely walks in this area as Henry Moore Foundation is not far away.  The particular walk we did I found on www.walkingbraitain.co.uk - Walk 2110 - Circular Walk in Ash Valley - about 5.5 miles in length.   There was a cold nip in the air but we didn't notice this once we got going.  My husband had put a box of chocolates in my rucksack which the three of us sat and scoffed on a pile of old hay bales while Lynne was picking out all the different birds in the sky with her laser sharp eyesight.   Gill tried to take a selfie of all three of us while eating chocolates but like a true friend did not put the picture on her blog as we all looked so terrible. 

I always like to photograph a particular tree when on these walks - I chose this one as it is just how I stitch trees using fly stitch - and then I did some sketches from memory (or maybe it's what I think I remember!!)   

Fly stitch tree.

I like the combination of greys and pinky browns.

I like to paint in my sketchbook and then add bits of fabric like the tree painted on organza below.  It is only attached at the bottom so I can still view the picture without the tree if I want to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment