Friday, 11 December 2015

A Choir of Angels

With Christmas speeding towards us at an alarming rate, the Billericay Girls wanted their  2015 Christmas decoration project.  I call her the grumpy angel - she has so much to do and she isn't getting any younger.  She can be a centre piece for the table to remind everyone how busy she has been or she can simply grace your mantel piece.


My effort is on the left - the basic angel pattern is cut from pelmet vilene and then decorated.  Her   halo is made from tomato puree tube, her wings are covered in a black gold lamé with beading, her dress is made of silk, her arms covered in silk velvet, she is threaded onto a stick which runs through the centre of the cotton reels on which she is mounted.  And finally when looking for something to add to her dress I found my mothers old rosary which I thought perfect - a reminder of those we miss.

On the right are all the Angels that were made by the girls together with the origami Christmas trees which Kirsten kindly demonstrated.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Libby, but I do rather like angels of any description! I hope you had a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a good one - hope you did too Gina - hope the catering business is gooding well. xx

      Delete