Monday, 12 June 2017

Kantha - Still Life Panels

In the last two posts I have shown the progress I have been making with my latest panel which, as you can see below is now finished.


I have so enjoyed the stitching, it is so forgiving - I could go on and on - in fact I started another panel last week.  However, this week I must start preparations for my next workshop which is in Market Harborough so I have laid the latest panel to one side for the moment but the photos below show progress made so far.  It is mainly the bottom section that is still left to do.


All the fabrics used have been dyed apart from the inside of the bowl which was rust dyed using a synthetic fabric this time which gave a softer effect - tea is added to the rust dyeing which gives a blacker colour.  I have then put a layer of organza over the top which has a few black acrylic marks on to give depth.  The inside of the bowl is still to be stitched.


The flower are dyed silk organza with random running stitch.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Libby, I've been catching up on my blog reading - what lovely new work! Really beautiful.
    Will try ringing you at weekend - it's been ages! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gill - suddenly got inspired to stitch again. Went over to Courtyard Arts in Hertford yesterday with Carol and Lorna. Lovely mixed exhibition of paper and textiles - Caroline Bartlet and Stephen and Anita Wragg among others. Had to have some retail therapy at Art Van Go of course. Xx

    ReplyDelete